1. I am content with my life in Turkey, Texas. I spend my days enjoying life with my husband and creating art.
2. At the age of ten, I decided I wanted to be an artist. I told people I wanted to design album covers and greeting cards.
3. I am color blind to shades of green, brown and gray.
4. I spent three winters in Fairbanks, Alaska. Freezing in the dark builds character.
5. Pinto beans are my comfort food.
6. I don’t own any shoes, only western boots.
7. While living in southeast Florida, I took five years of astrology classes.
8. I am five feet tall.
9. The only foreign countries I have visited are Mexico and Canada.
10. I am, and always have been, nocturnal.
11. I love photographing children.
12. I hate crowds.
13. My father recorded a song for me, “Get Along Home Cindy”.
14. I worked as a floral designer and loved making BIG arrangements.
15. For nine years I was a stay at home mom.
16. I don’t drink coffee or tea. I don’t smoke.
17. On two occasions I saw Jimi Hendrix in concert.
18. I see my life and all the places I have lived as a colorful patchwork quilt.
19. I have read way too many art history books.
20. Professional bull riding is my favorite sport to watch.
21. At age thirteen I suffered a neck injury. That accident has caused me a lot of pain over the years.
22. I own a collection of dolls dressed as nuns.
23. I have spent my life improving my skills as an artist.
24. The past few years I have designed and hooked wool rugs.
25. I love the rolling plains and the desert.
- ► 2010 (50)
- ▼ 2009 (16)
- art (1)
- art quilt (3)
- ATC (1)
- bjd (1)
- Bob Wills (3)
- box opening (1)
- cat (1)
- collage (11)
- drawing (1)
- fabric (4)
- fabric art (10)
- fish (1)
- giclee (2)
- hooked wool (17)
- IUOMA (7)
- journaling (7)
- lati (1)
- mail art (8)
- owls (5)
- painting (2)
- paper dolls (1)
- pets (1)
- photos (1)
- plush (1)
- plush doll. pillow (1)
- print (3)
- prints (1)
- quilted (1)
- sketchbook project (1)
- Sketchbook Project 2011 (1)
- softie (6)
- stamps (1)
- studio (2)
- stuffed (6)
- Turkey (1)
An artist is someone who produces things that people don't need to have but that he - for some reason - thinks it would be a good idea to give them. ~Andy Warhol